[IP] RE: insulin-pumpers-digest V13 #907

Susan, I have been a type 1 for 67 years, diagnosed at the age of 2. I
went through collage, a masters degree at night and credits above that.
I spent 40 years in my career and hen retired. Married raised a family
and retired with my loving and supportive second wife to Florida. I
don't believe this disease is ever easy, but I am still here and hoping
for a cure in my life time. I was on the Animas pump and now that the
warranty is over I am looking at a newer pump/CGM combo called the
Tandem T slim G4 it is touch screen technology andB  the CGM and pump are
the same unit . Susan don't select a pump basedB  on what a doctor has
been told by a good salesman for the company , base your decision on
what you like about a particular pump/CGM. Please also be aware that if
you will be going on Medicare soon they will not cover CGM sensors and
transmitters (6 month warranty) the transmitter is approximate. $400
dollars. If your insurance is anything like mine when you go on Medicare
, Medicare becomes primary and your insurance is secondary. Medicare
then sets the rule if they won't pay your insurance won't either.
Contact your senators and house reps. ask them to support senate bill
S804 and house bill HR 1427 to get Medicare to cover this technology.
JDRF has a petition to house and senate to sponsor these bills .

William Barishman

B >