[IP] Re: (IP) quick set users/Silhouettes

 I used to find the Sils excruciatingly painful to insert manually so I always
had to use the inserter. That was often painful too, but only a little sting for
a second. The angle is important as far as wearing them successfully as is how
you pinch up the skin for insertion. I was getting bent insertion needles and
cannulas often after ten years of wearing them so I had a Minimed trainer come
out to review my technique. She taught me to pinch up my skin differently even
where I'm lean (with the palm of my hand in a wide shallow v) and also she saw
that I was angling them too steeply. That helped a lot when using the inserter.
The biggest thing though was I started using moisturizing lotion on my stomach.
That's where it was horribly painful to insert manually. Voila - now I can
insert manually 90% of the time without much or any pain and I never have bent
needles or cannulas. My blood sugars are a lot better and I've only had one
problem with a bad site since last summer.

 At the same time as all that I also started using different real estate (
that's when I tried Quick Sets again with terrible results) and gave my stomach
a break. Now I've been using my stomach again as part of my rotation and my
results have been great. So my message is to try different things, review your
techniques and use moisture get lotion on places you wear your sets! Good luck.
Pam

Sent from my iPad