From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Susan Lane
Sent: Friday, January 30, 2015 10:27 PM
To: ip
Subject: Re: [IP] Ready To Start Vibe/Dexcom

Hi, Howard.  Here are some answers to your questions.  You are NEVER
supposed to give yourself insulin based on your CGM reading.  I do it all
the time.  When I have a good sensor in (Dexcom), and it has proven its
accuracy over a couple of days, I will dose off it's reading.  I would never
have done it with the old Dexcom, but this one is so amazingly accurate most
of the time, that I do not always poke the old finger.  Once again, I
repeat, you should not do this, but I do.

They also tell you that the stomach is the only place you can put a sensor,
because that's where it has been approved by the FDA.  I put it there for a
couple of years, but now I rarely use my stomach.  It hurts like hell to
inject it into the stomach and it doesn't seem to last as long there.  I try
to use my arms most of the time as that is where it seems to read really
well for me.  I put them in by myself and I've gotten pretty good at it.
BTW, if you get a bad sensor, Dexcom doesn't care where you are wearing it.
They will replace it no matter where it is on your body.

I love, love, love my Dexcom and can't even stand waiting the two hours for
it to acclimate to by body when first inserted.  But, remember, your
readings can be off for the first 12-24 hours, so always test before taking
insulin.  Good luck, Susan