[IP] Ready To Start Vibe/Dexcom

Hi, I am about to enter the CGM world with the Animas Vibe and Dexcom G4 CGM.
This is my first CGM experience although I have been an Animas pump user for
11 years.  I have 2 questions after reading and viewing the material:
  1.. Animas/Dexcom states a million times not to base treatments on CGM
readings but to test BG via conventional methods before administering insulin.
In real life, what do you do?  If I calibrated, and the calibrated results
approximated the meter readings, I'd be inclined to go with the CGM readings
alone.  Is this wrong?
  2.. They also mention a million times not to insert the Dexcom anywhere
except the belly, yet I see Youtube videos with sensors/transmitters all over
the place, including the arms.  I think I've also read here that people put it
in places other than the belly.  Is that a bad thing?
Your help is greatly appreciated.