RE: [IP] Pump Problems, Warranty & Maybe it time to change

I am assuming then that it will not be an Animus Pump...right?

-----Original Message-----
From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Peter Gubbe
Sent: Friday, January 30, 2015 4:12 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Pump Problems, Warranty & Maybe it time to change

"From: Robert Braunstein
I have had many problems with the Animas infusion sets and the One Touch
Ping pump.  My pump has been replaced 10 times in the last 3 years due to
malfunctions ranging from Continual loss of prime, Occlusions, fast drain on
battery."

My Animas Ping failed in December for the same reasons you mentioned. I was
using a vacation pump J&J-Animas charged me $25.00 for the privilege of
using so I did not go without when the pump died. The Ping, was 3 years, 8
months old and covered by the warranty. I was impressed/lucky this time
because they shipped a brand-new (manufactured date 10/2014) non-refurbished
pump. Each of the last 5 pumps from Animas died under warranty and they
replaced with a refurbished pump. Thankfully, I began pump shopping because
the technology with Insulin Pumps is impressive. I recommend every one read
about other pump experiences on this list and investigate options when able.
Peter, Ping & Dexcom 4; soon to decide on my next pump.
Make a long URL short at http://type1.org Donate with every purchase
http://smile.amazon.com/ (select your charity = Insulin Pumpers)