[IP] Pump Problems, Warranty & Maybe it it time to change

"From: Robert Braunstein
I have had many problems with the Animas infusion sets and the One Touch Ping
pump.  My pump has been replaced 10 times in the last 3 years due to
malfunctions
ranging from Continual loss of prime, Occlusions, fast drain on battery."

My Animas Ping failed in December for the same reasons you mentioned. I was
using
a vacation pump J&J-Animas charged me $25.00 for the privilege of using so I
did
not go without when the pump died. The Ping, was 3 years, 8 months old and
covered by
the warranty. I was impressed/lucky this time because they shipped a brand-new
(manufactured date 10/2014)
non-refurbished pump. Each of the last 5 pumps from Animas died under warranty
and they
replaced with a refurbished pump. Thankfully, I began pump shopping because
the technology
with Insulin Pumps is impressive. I recommend every one read about other pump
experiences
on this list and investigate options when able.
Peter, Ping & Dexcom 4; soon to decide on my next pump.