[IP] RE: insulin-pumpers-digest V13 #645

I must say that my a1c's were much better while I was using the Dexcom
cgm system but myB transmitter only lastedB 6 or7B months which was very
disappointing. This in itselfB looked as if it was going to be a very
expensive proposition. Yes I was able to expand the use of the sensors
to thee or four weeks to save onB those expenses. By the way
whenB Medicare became my primary insurance andB  GHI now became my
secondary insurance instead of my primaryB Medicare made the decisions as
to what was covered or not and my once primary which still pays for CGMs
(as long as you are still working)B statesB if Medicare does not approveB
then we will not either. I have contacted my congress B people and asked
them to support bills getting Medicare to cover CGMS I have also signed
petitions to this , so far nothing.B It is funny or should IB sayB  ironic
in that Medicare will pay 80% of a sex changeB  operation but not cover
CGMS!!!!???
B >