From: "Tina Hudspeth" <email @ redacted>
To: "insulin-pumper." <email @ redacted>
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2015 2:27:53 PM
Subject: [IP] Insertion pain

You can try the home numbing technique of putting some ice on the area
first for a few moments. In the "old days" that was how they numbed ear
lobes before piercing with a needle when you got your ears pierced. These
days, they have the auto devices that do it really quickly so even though
it still hurts, the whole procedure is done in 2 seconds.

One thing, I don't know, but would keep an eye on whether the use of ice to
numb the skin could temporarily slow absorption for a bit.