Re: [IP] Re: hospital visit

Does what count in your " cant fast 24?".  My endo had to guise the  nurse
as to program my pump, so i can 'survive on NPO..( Nothing' & or ice  onlt
for very much longer than anyones 24 hrs. Only times I had anything to  drink
was about 2 oz of water with my meds early am & bed time.  the  night b4 I
had to drink some of that flavorful   milk shakes for pre  tests &
procedures.
I truly belive these nurses & drs of every kind need to do waht us  patient
need to go thru  prick our fingers  every day ,ulti times a  day not an
orange  sit around for hrs waiting for them to get on with their  duties.
Must be nice to take a break or have a snak at will & tell us what  & when
to do

In a message dated 1/28/2014 10:45:15 P.M. Central Standard Time,  dm50yr
email @ redacted writes:

>  <snip> am all prepped and ready for a quick D&C and after  waiting
> for 2 hours I ask what is going on, you can't let me just sit  here and
> fast with my pump running.  <snip> I know they  can't be educated
> about diabetes like we are, but wow, this was the  worst experience
> I have ever had.  I fasted for well over 12  hours and so what was
> their attitude.    <snip>

A pumper who is properly trained should be able to fast 24  hours. You must
have correct basal settings. I use 5 different basals with  a possibility
of
48. Each 1/2 hour your body may change needs. Have you  heard of Basal
Fasting/Testing? Study the manual. ;-)

Jan &  Muskers- T-1, 11/5/50, pumping 8/23/83, Dialyzing  7/8/02
http://tinyurl.com/JansBooks    http://tinyurl.com/evolvingpumps