[IP] Fasting for surgeries

 When I have had to check in for a surgical procedure, I inform the staff that I
am diabetic, I have been fasting for 12 hours or more and that I really don't
feel well (which is so true). Those statements get me checked in quickly and an
IV started, based on what my BG readings are. The staff then will keep an eye on
me until surgery.
 Don't suffer in silence. Please let the staff know when you don't feel well.
They can't help if they don't know.

Terri Munson
Sent from Terri Jo's iPad