Re: [IP] Total daily carbohydrate count

Wheat is mildly addictive due to the proteins in it and it's also mildly
hallucinogenic, although nothing like LSD or magic mushrooms.  It's
something that is unnoticeable until you try to go a few days without
it.  It contributes to inflammation, IBS, etc. Some doctors, some of
whom are heart surgeons, feel that it and sugar are more to blame for
arteriosclerosis and not cholesterol and fats (trans fats are really
bad). When I fell asleep after my first wheatless day ever, it was a
deep, profound enormously satisfying sleep.  No bad dreams. I've also
lost the compulsion to stuff my face with food every 2 hours or so.
Much better BGs sans wheat.

It's not just about gluten.

Denise Br.