[IP] RE: dose calculation and intensive diabetes management.

 Susan,
 Yes, most of us know that high fat meals require more insulin. We've figured
this out for ourselves. Many more have not and few if any providers teach it to
patients.

 IMO the benefit of this study is to prove it to the med pros who don't think
it's true (a large number of them) and those of us with type 1 who haven't
figured it out for themselves yet. This is needed both for pumpers and those
that use MDI.

 Hopefully, this type of research will help the powers that be to study this
further and come up with a different method of calculating boluses for these
meals. Personally, i've figured out how much I need for specific high fat meals
but often just find myself guessing and hoping I come close to nailing it.

DEB555

Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 12:12:18 -0700
From: Susan Lane  dose calculation and intensive diabetes management.

 I don't need a study to tell me that fat consumption major
affects my blood glucose levels.