[IP] Total daily carbohydrate count
- To: "email @ redacted" <email @ redacted>
- Subject: [IP] Total daily carbohydrate count
- From: SomeoneSomewhere <email @ redacted>
- Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 12:18:42 -0700
- Authentication-Results: cox.net; auth=pass (PLAIN) smtp.auth=email @ redacted
- Reply-To: email @ redacted
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/24.2.0
My nutritionist gave me a 1,200-1,600 calorie diet. She refuses to give
me anything lower than 1,200 calories.
From what I gather each serving other than protein is 15 grams of
carbs. I am going to skip the protein. It's making me crazy to figure
out how many grams of carbs that is.
Grains 4-5 servings (limited to low fiber- mostly white things) =~75 grams
Vegetables 1 1/2 to 2 cups (seeing as I a limited to mostly cooked
carrots or cooked green beans(I think), and cooked beets) =~22 grams
Fruit 1 - 1 1/2 cups (limited to bananas and fruit juices) 27 grams for
one medium banana and + 43.5 grams for 1 1/2 cup apple juice =~ 70.5
Dairy 2 1/2- 5 cups (limited to yogurt and soy milk) at 2 1/2 cups (1
container carb master yogurt, and 2 cups of soy milk) =~24 grams
Protein 3-5 oz (limited to tofu blah, 1/8-1/4" diced chicken and I don't
know what else)
others 3 servings. She doesn't say servings of what, I am assuming
Adding all those carbs up equals about 191.5 grams a day. I don't know
about you but that seems a bit high and unhealthy for a diabetic to me.
I don't know what the rest of you eat, but this is frustrating me and I
don't get it. BTW, it took me 2 hours just to figure this much out. She
hasnt given me any more direction than that.
for HELP or to subscribe/unsubscribe/change list versions,
Follow us at https://www.twitter.com/insulinpumpers
Make a long URL short at http://type1.org