Re: [IP] Frustrated, need to vent!

Your right and I apologized. It's kind of the state I am in right now.
Of course its not an excuse to flip out.

Here is the nutritional label for Glucerna

I am drinking a generic version and it actually has 40 less calories, 23
g carbs instead of 29 and both have 10g protein. This one also has
better vitamins in it although I am taking mega doses of D, b6 and B12,
by prescription.  I did ask my CDE how many units of Novolog would cover
those carbs. She said to try 2 or 3.

I also drink a soy protein powder or mix it in with whatever i am eating
or drinking when I can afford it. Right now I am out until the 1st.

You have hit the nail on the head I think that my high blood sugars are
causing a lot these problems. I just can't get them down no matter how
much insulin I throw at them or they are up and down from very high to
pretty low several times a day. I also agree with you that weight loss
will make a big difference.

The thing is if this adrenal tumor is throwing out the right chemicals
norepinphrine which is proven one in me, it causes a release of stored
glucose from your liver sporadically. Likewise, my cortisol being off
will also greatly affect my glucose control.  In all reality, I don't
care what it's called, I just want a solution.

The problem with me needing a pump is I am taking Levemir which is
theoretically supposed to last 24 hours. But in 10 hours I spike back
up. So I take it every 12 hours. With my stomach emptying unpredictably
it is hard to manage my blood sugar, and the higher my blood sugar the
less my stomach works.

I read the chapter in that book you recommended on Gastroparesis a
couple of years ago. It helped me understand what is going on. However,
my blood sugar average has gotten much worse since I read that so I
don't know how much help it really is, other than understanding whats
going on inside of me.

My family doctor suggested my blood pressure could be due to autonomic
dysfunction, which gastroparesis also falls under. Like I said, I don't
really care what it's called I just want to be able to do things like I
used to be able to do.

Again sorry to be such a pain.

Loure

<https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=jE5rHTXcad-6UM&tbnid=_qf42GkY3NeysM:&ved=0CAIQjBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.quitehealthy.com%2Fnutrition-facts%2Ffood-labels%2FlabelL422501.gif&ei=z__jUqnPIfP7yAHq5YCADg&bvm=bv.59930103,d.aWc&psig=AFQjCNFJR6pAGOJJ6O5row7Ac483SnMf5w&ust=1390760269478931>