Re: [IP] Re: sensor sites

Hi Pam,

I was trained on the previous CGM sensor (can't recall the name right now) in
November last year. I did not feel that it was at all comfortable, and have
been upgraded in December of last year to the Enlite sensor and the 530g
pump.

I can say that the new Enlite sensor is way more comfortable than the previous
one. I do not seem to have any issues with them, and I can make them last
about 7 days (approved for 6), although the 7th day always seems a bit more
sketchy and then I know it is definitely time to change the site.

The only thing that I have an issue with is the fact that there is a little
band of tape from the actual sensor that flaps over to the transmitter, and
that strand of tape is not smooth. It actually can scratch. That and the
overlay tape is different. Instead of the big square or other means to keep
the transmitter in place, they supply you with a small itty bitty square with
a hole cut out in the center where you have to center over the site (it is
explained in the pictures). I was not trained on inserting my sensor in my
arms or legs, only my abdomen as I was told that is the area where there is
the best readings for the sensors. Funny how different trainers say different
things, even though they are training patients on the same things.

I do not have any issues when lying directly on the sensor, as I do not even
feel that I have it on. I find that the readings are closer to my finger
sticks than before with the previous sensor (usually within 5 or 10 points). I
was also told to keep cell phones (or any other devices that have electronic
currents) away from the transmitters as that may interfere with transmitting
results and cause a weak or lost sensor alarms. Also keeping the pump closer
to the transmitters (I try to keep my pump right next to the sensor), I was
told should help eliminate those error codes. Anything greater than 6 feet
distance will also cause those errors (per Minimed Tech Support).

Hope this helps. I am interested in hearing about anyone else's experience.
=)

Have a great day! =) Jenny