Re: [IP] exercising

Jan, not sure if you directed your question to a specific person, but
here's my two cents:  If I eat higher fat foods, my blood sugar will go up
much later and effect me for hours.  It doesn't matter if it's a good fat
or a bad fat.  If I eat a piece of pizza or high fat ice cream, I split my
bolus to accommodate the delayed rise.  It's different every time,
depending on a lot of things.  Then I usually, but not always, wake up high
in the morning.  Sometimes I need to correct in the middle of the night and
there are times that I have to jump on my stationary bike for 15-20 minutes
to make myself more insulin sensitive or I just don't come down for hours.
I don't usually raise my basal as some people do for quite a few hours to
accommodate the insulin resistance brought on by eating high fat foods,
because I never know what's really going to happen.