Re: [IP] exercising

Some athletes are changing their diets to low carb, high fat because the
body can be trained to dig deeper for energy than just the glucose in
the blood.  Our focus on high carbohydrate, low fat diets came about
because Ancel Keys decided that heart disease is caused by eating foods
high in fat.  Another guy in Great Britain opposed that, but the Senate
held hearings on the issue and went with Keys' theory, which he
demonstrated by displaying a graph of heart disease in 7 countries where
people consumed large amounts of fatty foods.  The graph carefully
omitted a bunch of other countries that showed high levels of heart
disease where people didn't eat vast amounts of fats!

I use a push reel lawn mower to cut grass.  Admittedly, it's a small
lawn, but since I've switched to a low-carb diet where my fat intake is
significantly higher than the ADA recommends, I can push that mower and
do the weed eating without rushing in to grab juice boxes and jelly
beans.  Same for snow shoveling.  My BG will go down, but not as far and
not as fast as it would if I ate more carbs.