RE: [IP] How to answer a Q?

I recently asked on IP:
>> I often have medical personnel ask how my BG usually runs.
>> She was getting upset with me. I said, "Let's talk about C'mas
>> Day - I was 60, 63, -  -  - and 482.
>> So, my Q for T-1s, how do you answer what your tests usually run???

A reply, in part:
> Usually when someone demonstrates a lack of knowledge about
> the disease I just say "120-170". As they're unlikely to say anything
> worthwhile and it's not worth being admonished by someone who
> can't change your treatment.

Well, this was a charge nurse at dialysis who has to do a report on me (for
Medicare) yearly. I can't change my treatment there. I just told her I would
not answer the question other than the A1c, which is the average.

> When I hear that question its clear to me the person asking has no
> business
> helping me and I shut down, and begin planning to find another Dr

My doctor was not involved, only the standard, yearly  *paperwork*.

> "Why do you want to know?" That's my response. So, it depends on their
> answer, and I don't have time to play games. Even though I am always
> polite.

I was polite, but she was unhappy with me.

Jan & Muskers- T-1, 11/5/50, pumping 8/23/83, Dialyzing 7/8/02
http://tinyurl.com/JansBooks   http://tinyurl.com/evolvingpumps