From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Jerry Smith
Sent: Saturday, January 11, 2014 1:18 PM
To: Insulin Pumpers
Subject: [IP] Re: How to Answer a Q

I too get frustrated by that BG question.  My podiatrist asks:  How are your
sugars?  My response is: What do you want to know?  I then give him the
latest A1c.  Then he asks what was my most recent BG?  I look at my pump and
give him the sensor BG.

Most health care providers do not distinguish between Type 1 and Type 2.  My
primary care physician has only one other patient who uses a pump.  Most of
his patients with diabetes are Type 2 with fairly consistent BGs.  As many
of us know, Type 1s do not always fall into a predictable pattern.

I like to try and educate my health care providers.  They listen and then
move on.  The next visit is a repetition of this cycle.

Jerry Smith