[IP] Re: How to Answer a Q

I too get frustrated by that BG question.  My podiatrist asks:  How are your
sugars?  My response is: What do you want to know?  I then give him the latest
A1c.  Then he asks what was my most recent BG?  I look at my pump and give him
the sensor BG.

Most health care providers do not distinguish between Type 1 and Type 2.  My
primary care physician has only one other patient who uses a pump.  Most of
his patients with diabetes are Type 2 with fairly consistent BGs.  As many of
us know, Type 1s do not always fall into a predictable pattern.

I like to try and educate my health care providers.  They listen and then move
on.  The next visit is a repetition of this cycle.

Jerry Smith