[IP] Liz Cheney's Daughter dxd w/ T1D

Report: Daughter's diabetes behind Liz Cheney's decision to quit race
WASHINGTON, Jan. 7 (UPI) -- The health problem Liz Cheney cited when
announcing her withdrawal from the U.S. Senate Republican race in Wyoming was
a daughter's diabetes, ABC News reported.Republicans close to the Cheney
family said one of her teenage daughters had been diagnosed with diabetes, ABC
News said. People familiar with the campaign in Wyoming and Washington said
Cheney decided to withdraw from the race during the holidays and alerted her
advisers in recent days.Former Sen. Alan Simpson, a Wyoming Republican and
longtime friend of the Cheney family, told ABC News that when he talked to Liz
Cheney Monday, she said her withdrawal was a deeply personal family
decision."She told us she was stepping away, that it was a mom thing," Simpson
said. "Her children she felt needed her more -- and she needed them."When she
announced she was abandoning her challenge to centrist Sen. Mike Enzi, Cheney
said, "Serious health issues have recently arisen in our family, and under the
circumstances, I have decided to discontinue my campaign. My children and
their futures were the motivation for our campaign, and their health and
well-being will always be my overriding priority."Campaign officials said Liz
Cheney, daughter of former Vice President Dick Cheney, also was frustrated
with her campaign's direction and her inability to make a dent in Enzi's
campaign and fundraising efforts, ABC News said."She knew she wasn't on a path
to winning," one knowledgeable GOP official told ABC News. "She knew she
couldn't afford a big loss."Cheney, 47, moved from Virginia to Wyoming in
2012. Her father had represented Wyoming in Congress as the state's at-large
representative from 1979 to 1989.

Read more:
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2014/01/07/Report-Daughters-diabetes-behind-Li
z-Cheneys-decision-to-quit-race/UPI-67451389113102/#ixzz2pwRMRQPe

 Denise D.