Re: [IP] Animas, test strips, pump supplies, Medicare and CCS

 Yes. Some states have had the competitive bidding process for test strips. Not
sure if all had it yet. In Florida the low bidders caused the cost to Medicare
to be cut immensely. Here it pays approximately $7.50 ; where it used to be
about 5 times as much. The low bid mail companies get rebates from manufacturers
as well as those 'walk in pharmacies' do now.
 It took a Florida Senator to clear up the nightmare Medicare put me through
with limiting payments for test strips. Before I could only get 4/day under
Medicare. Now I get more than 12/day with no problem.

Sent from my iPhone
Phyllis

> On Jan 1, 2014, at 9:11 AM, AKM Holistic <email @ redacted> wrote:
>
> I only have Medicare and was always told that most other insurance (mainly
> medicaid) won't help pay for test strips when you have Medicare and they will
 > pay 100% only for a certain amount of strips. I was on Medicare when I
started
> to get disability until the 2 year waiting period was over, I've only used
> Walgreens for test strips never tried any ware else.
>
 > I wonder if things are different state by state? It should not be this
hard.....
> Angel
>

>> On Jan 1, 2014, at 7:29 AM, Julia R <email @ redacted> wrote:
>>
>> Angel said:
>> I get pump supply's from CCS (Animas onetouch ping) I was getting them from
>> Animas only they can no longer take medicare for pumps or pump supplies in
 >> Illinois, CCS can't supply my test strips for my onetouch meter that works
as
 >> remote for my pump I was told they have no contract with onetouch so I get
my
>> strips from Walgreens, for test strips they handle all the paperwork and
>> there's
>> no co-pay because they're Medicare approved, Medicare will generally only
>> give
>> you 100 test strips a month, Walgreens even did the paper work so I can get
>> 200
 >> strips monthly. With Medicare not paying for CGM I half to test 8 to 10
times
>> daly.
>>

 >> Angel, do you have other insurance besides Medicare? I was told by Medicare,
>> CVS, and my secondary insurance that Medicare will only pay 80% of their
>> approved amount for strips and the insurance will pay the remaining 20%.  I
>> wonder if I will ever figure all this out.  CVS is one of only a few
 >> pharmacies in my area that accepts Medicare assignment, so that is why I
went
 >> there. I have to file a claim with my secondary for the 20%, because
Medicare