Re: [IP] Bad Sites

Hi Bonnie,
 You mentioned using a silhouette and a needle. My silhouettes were all plastic
 so I may not be understanding correctly. I went through a tough time with scar
 tissue for a while when I was on my mm pump using silhouettes. I switched to a
sure-T for a couple of reasons.  I am allergic to everything and figured it
might be latex allergy which can happen over time..  Minimed will send you a
sample.   The switch helped a lot but that dang scar tissue was still
 problematic, I had a hard time reaching my hips due to diminished flexibility.
 So pump sites were disappearing and I was going through supplies, Twelve years
of pumping seemed to have changed my skin and fat where I used the pump.

So after switching to sureT infusion sets, my next step was strength training
 with a heavy focus on improving my balance.. It is two days working with
weights
 and 3 days cardio. I have been doing that for less then 4 months. I no longer
 have problems with scar tissue. The change in skin/fat at pump sites has pretty
much reversed itself.   I do not enjoy exercise but it has made too big of a
 positive difference. I just saw my endo who could not believe how much better
I have been doing with the strength training.

You may want to try the sureT and the strength training.....
Thanks,
Francesca