From: Harvey, Judy <email @ redacted>
Subject: RE: [IP] driving
To: "email @ redacted" <email @ redacted>
Date: Monday, January 31, 2011, 1:27 PM

 It is not wrong to cover your highs with extra insulin you are supposed
too.....did you take extra to bring it down faster....perhaps. If that is the
case and I see that my BG is coming down too fast then I take a snack at 200
rather than wait for the low to get closer.

 The key I have found "for me" YMMV is to add two hours worth of the basal
insulin and then lower your basal temporary rate for two hours. So if you use
1.0 per hour you can add 2.0 to your bolus shoot and lower your basal rates
10% for 2 hours....OBVIOUSILY this is something you have to play with to find
what works for you...some people are way more sensitive to insulin and would
require a more cautious approach. I find it helps get my BG back in line
within
an hour or two instead of the usual several hours.

Judy