Re: [IP] Re: Take It Easy

MDII works for some people.  I happen to have a very strong dawn
phenomenon, and require over twice the basal at 8 am that I do at
midnight.  If I took enough Lantus to get me at a reasonable level in
the morning, I'd go into shock overnight.  If I adjusted my Lantus low
enough I didn't go into shock, I'd be over 200 when I woke up.  When
a1c's became a regular part of therapy, I almost never made it below
8--9, and it wasn't for lack of trying.  Best I ever did was 7.9.  The
first three months of pumping, while I was still having a lot of
trouble with sets and basals, my a1c was around 7.5, and today I am
almost never above 7.  (I do suspect my last, 5.2, was due to anemia
from chemotherapy, as I've never been below 6 before,)  For me, a pump
is clearly better than the best combination of Lantus/fast-acting,
unless I want to get up and give myself a shot around 4 am.  And it's
not a matter of convenience or not taking shots.  It's the
programmable basal.  Might add that I have 13 rates over the course of
a day.