RE: [IP] more with the fiber

Hi Ruth,

 > [...] AND why [the ADA seems] to think
 > fiber and sugar alcohols are interchangeable.
 > Isn't fiber not absorbed while sugar alcohols
 > are absorbed?

Fibre comes in two kinds -- soluble and insoluble. The former kind
is indeed digestible and far more prevalent. What it shares with
sugar alcohols is the speed, or lack thereof, of digestion.

I never subtract fibre unless I eat more than a few grams of
_insoluble_ fibre in one meal. I think this may have happened as
often as three times in the years since I started counting carbs.

Cheers,
Felix.