________________________________
From: R Leppanen <email @ redacted>
To: ip <email @ redacted>
Sent: Thursday, January 1, 2009 6:23:02 PM

Okay. I have been having some stressers.. major stressers.. and yes, my
sugars have been roller coastering all over the place.. anywhere from 21-HI.
2 weeks ago this past tuesday, Mum was lifeflighted from McWillamette
Hospital (www.mcweb.com) to Oregon Health & Sciences University (www.ohsu.ed).

I just found out yesterday that she is in liver failure due to Iodine based
contrast that was used to do a TIPS procedure (Transjugular Intrahepatic
Portosystemic Shunt) and times that by 2 has caused kidney failure.. do not
know if it is temporary or perm.
She has a 2 lumen Central Venous Cath (central line) in her subclavian, for
dialysis ONLY (picc line for everything else.. ie fluids, blood
transfusions, ect).
She is in liver failure in addition to the kidney failure. They have gave
her about 180 days or 6months.
Mum is only 58 (I am not even 34.. not until next month).
I am a PERFECT match for a living donor liver.. I am 6/6 HLA. Even though I
have had 4 bouts of cancer (ALL, Uterine leiomyosarcoma, ovarian and skin)
they were willing, Also willing with her A Neg blood.. and the fact that I
am O neg (yes, mum is a common blood type, and i am a rare one.. only one
even rarer than mine.. dad is O pos, sister is A+ brother is O+.. yeah, i
got the luck of the draw)

I was wondering if anyone out in IP land, has some suggestions on how my mum
can feel more comfortable with the fact of the dialysis.. she fought it on
Tuesday, and they had to sedate her yesterday and today to do it.. she will
have it tomorrow, sunday/monday off, and then tuesday-thursday on.. and then
go from there.

Thanks
R. Leppanen
(I AM FEMALE)