Re: [IP] Offered Ridgewood: BD Meter & Cables and more

From: Marshall <email @ redacted>

> For anyone who had problems seeing the pix this should work.
>
> Copy-and-paste this address into your browser:
>
> http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AbtmTZu4bt2LVjA
> .

 This picture made me shudder. In the middle, there is the cable that is quite
likely the poorest piece of engineering ever done. It is the cable that I had to
use to upload my pump readings when I first got my MM 522. I broke 3 of them in
less than 6 months.

 I also never trusted the BD meter. Just for grins, I got into my cabinet full
of meters and pulled several of them down and did concurrent tests.

 My CGMS reading is currently 162 (ok, it's new years, and I had a big bowl of
black-eyed peas and corn bread).

Ascenscia Contour - 167
Accucheck Aviva - 164
One touch Ultra Mini - 158
BD POS - 142

 I don't think I will ever use the BD meter or accessories again - and I have a
full vial of test strips for that meter. For me, it can simply not be trusted.

 I'm not trying to start a meter war, but that thing just has never been any
good FOR ME.

Tom
--
dx 1985 at age 32