Re: [IP] PDM issues

 Just a thought. If the PDM breaks or fails more than once, Insulet is likely to
replace it at little or no costs. Without the PDM...we won't continue to buy the

----- Original Message ----
From: "Brostrup-Jensen, C. Christian" <email @ redacted>
To: email @ redacted
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2008 9:56:49 AM
Subject: RE: [IP] PDM issues

Hi Oliver,

One reboot of the PDM is probably no big deal.  We've had to do that a
couple of times.  OTOH, you definitely want to keep an eye on it.  We
did have one PDM fail for no apparent reason shortly after we got it.
They are not the most durable critters.  My son has broken three of them
in less than two years.  When last I discussed this with an Insulet rep,
we had suggested some kind of more protective rubberized coating to
reduce shocks and he said they were looking into that.  The good news is
that Insulet has been very reasonable and accommodating about the
failures.  The only one we've had to pay for was the one he dropped and
then stepped on!  :-}