Re: [IP] What do you do when there is not enough insulin to fill the reservoir?

Hi to everyone who answered this.
I use the MM 522 and the reservoir goes up to 180 units.
You have to pull the plunger down to a line to pull down the amount
of insulin you want in the reservoir and then inject that air into the vial.
I know you all know this, but if you aren't sure how much is still in
the vial and it runs out before the plunger is down to the 180 U
mark, then don't you have to inject air into a new vial so that you
finish filling up the reservoir?
I really don't care if I mix old with new because it's only getting
used 3 days at a time.

I wish the Quicksets from MM came with more cannulas and half the
tubing and reservoirs.
It just seems like such a waste of plastic that is going to end up in
the landfill.

Speaking of throwing this stuff away, do you just put it in the trash
and toss it, or do you put it into those special red containers.
That could get expensive because all that tubing takes up a lot of room.
Thanks again, Linda H.