Re: [IP] News on my new pump

At 11:51 AM 1/31/2007, you wrote:
>My previos endo (that I fired because she said that she would not get me a
>pump until I lose 50 pounds) would not give me a pump.  The new one did the
>GAD 65 and found that I am actually type I not II and needed it.

I'm glad that weight wasn't a factor when I got my pump because I was
100 pounds overweight.  Getting the pump was the only thing that
actually allowed me to lose all of that weight (and more).  My
insul;in requirements are now less than half of what they were when I
started pumping, I haven't had any crashing lows and I can exercise
without the fear of my BG dropping suddenly.

Congratulations on the weight loss.  I know some people end up
gaining weight when they get a pump and then there are some of us who
are finally able to lose weight.  With me it's because I was no
longer constantly feeding low BGs.

Type 1 dx 4/1987
Minimed Paradigm 715 5/2005