From: email @ redacted
To: email @ redacted
Sent: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 11:09 AM
Subject: [IP] FW: basal adjustments

-----Original Message-----
From: LEE POWELL [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 11:08 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: basal adjustments

If I have a insulin ratio of 1 unit drops blood sugar 60 points. Then what
would .05 increment do to increase basal rate? Is based on time. I have
tried the basal tool but having trouble.

Here are my average bg's  12:00am  250
                           3:00am  200
                           7:00am  227
                          10:00am  180
                          12:00pm  150
                           3:00pm  160
                           6:00pm  180
                           9:00pm  200

My current basals rates are 12am 0.75
                             3am 0.75
                             6am 0.70
                            12pm 0.70

Any suggestions on basal changes. My doctor only tells me I know what i need
to do but I need reassurance alot of the time when it comes to making
adjustments such as basals.
My biggest fear is going low at night and not waking up. My wife can sleep
thru a war. I still set alarm a 3am for this reason. I have controlled the
drastic peaks and valleys of bgs but what tighter control.