[IP] RE: Parents & Children with Type 1

Sarah,
>From what I have been able to find the risks are as follows:

For women with T1:
-If your child is born when you are less than 25, 25 in 100 so about 4%
-If your child is born when you are older than 25, 1 in 100 about 1%

There are several other things that can factor in as well.
http://www.diabetes.org/genetics.jsp

Becky
Pumping since 5/2000 MM508, 8/2004 IR1200

Hello,
I am sure this has been asked before but I will ask again.
 I have been Type 1 since I was 5 years old. I am now 26 and thinking of
having
children. Has there been a study on how many children have gotten type 1 if
one
of there parents have it?

Sarah Roscoe