Re: [IP] Parents & Children with Type 1

> I am sure this has been asked before but I will ask again.
> I have been Type 1 since I was 5 years old. I am now 26 and thinking
> of having children. Has there been a study on how many children have
> gotten type 1 if oneof there parents have it?
>
> Sarah Roscoe

For maternal transmitted risks of T1, see:

http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/faqs.shtml#general
   second link
"Various risk factors for Type 1 diabetes"

scroll down to
"FACTORS ASSOCIATED WITH INCREASED RISK OF TYPE 1 DIABETES"
in the article

Children of diabetic mothers are less likely to develop type 1 diabetes
than children of diabetic fathers, and the risk in mothers is less than
the expected risk based on their HLA status. The mean life table risk
of diabetes in offspring of diabetic mothers and fathers in one study
was 1.3 (mothers) and 6.1% (fathers), respectively....

Michael