From: George [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Sunday, January 30, 2005 6:20 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: RE: [IP] Help! air bubbles in Inset Infusion Sets

At 7:19 PM -0600 1/30/05, Doug Boss wrote:

>.   Plus an 80mm tubing set holds
>in my experience less than 9 units of insulin.  If the tubing were 1/4 air
>that would be 2.5 units that didn't get delivered.  Using your sons insulin
>correction factor you can guess how much insulin we are talking about to
>make his BG go to 500.  I bet its more than 2.5 units.

Actually, there is closer to 1/2 unit per inch of tubing so the 80mm
(31") tubing has more like 15 units.  Insets only come in 23" and
43", so we are talking approx. 12 to 24 units of insulin in them.
Her son is only 5 years old, so if his TDI was around 12, then he
would have a 133 to 1 Insulin Sensitivity and missing 3 units would
affect his Bg by 400 points.

George       :>)