RE: [IP] Help! air bubbles in Inset Infusion Sets

Lisa

I just started on a pump recently but I'm confused by your post

If there really are bubbles in the tubing wouldn't they move down the tube
when blousing ?  I have seen a few bubbles in mine do that.  If it's a BIG
BIG bubble I just prime to move the air out.   Plus an 80mm tubing set holds
in my experience less than 9 units of insulin.  If the tubing were 1/4 air
that would be 2.5 units that didn't get delivered.  Using your sons insulin
correction factor you can guess how much insulin we are talking about to
make his BG go to 500.  I bet its more than 2.5 units.

The outside layer of the tubing on the comforts gets a crack like mark when
it is stressed - it almost looks like a bubble.

The change in the length of the cannulas may be having an impact on the
absorption. I know that the angle I use on the comforts seems to have a
impact on the absorption....

These problems CAN be solved - just take a deep breath and work it out -
there HAS to be a logical reason.  Worst case just move the site to be sure
there isn't an issue with the site itself - maybe you hit a scar or
something.

Hope this helps

Doug