[IP] RE: IV3000 use

> How many of you put the IV3000 over the set or as in these
> examples put the set over the IV3000 ?

I use the Disetronic Ultraflex, which has built-in adhesive, and is
disconnectable AT the infusion site.  I use IV Prep to get the site ready,
then put in the UltraFlex.

By itself, even with the IV Prep, the edges of the Ultra start peeling by
the 2nd or 3rd day, and I typically go for 3 or 4 days between site changes.

So I take an IV3000, cut a whole in the middle big enough to place over the
protruding part of the UltraFlex, and slap that down over the UltraFlex
before connecting the tubing.  This combination lets me go my target 3-4
days without any problems.

--Greg
"Some people will go to any lengths to get a ring; others, having had one
for
a while, will go to any lengths to chuck it into a volcano." -- Liz Langley