[IP] our 1 yr old just diagnosed

Hello everyone,

Our 1 year old son was just diagnosed last night with diabetes.  I have been
Type 1 diabetic for 30 years, and a pumper for over 5.  We would like to get
him on a pump as soon as possible, but have met a little resistance at the
hospital.  I was wondering if any of you had any suggestions on how we could
get him started on a pump quickly.  I know there's a link on the web site
about kids with pumps, but haven't had a chance to look at it yet.  Any
sggestions we could get from parents with young kids on pumps would be very
helpful.  We live near Atlantic City, NJ, which I guess can be considered
the greater Philadelphia area, so if anyone has info on pediatric endos in
the area, particularly pump-friendly ones, that would be helpful also.
Right now, we are at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.  Anyone have any
experience there?  Please send any responses to our personal account
(email @ redacted) since we may not be able to access the
digest from the hospital.  Thank you all.

Colleen