[IP] Re: Horns of a dilemma: Do I want a Minimed or an Animas Pump?

In a message dated 1/29/2005 10:16:24 A.M. Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

You are  very lucky that your ins pays for 100%.  Mine has a limit
of $2500 for  DME (durable medical equipment

Just got the paper where my insurance company paid for my IR1200  pump.  They
paid 5,050.  Only bad thing is they didn't pay for  the  supplies that were
also sent.  Guess I will have to contact   Animas and get them to submit the
supplies to the right people!
I LOVE my "Annie"!!!!!!  She woke me up at 3:00 AM the other  morning.
 Cartridge was empty! Took about 12 minutes of chimes to wake me, but I did wake
up!  Gotta love the little machine.  For those  of you trying to decide on a
 pump, go to the Animas website and play with the virtual pump. I played every
day and read the manual I had downloaded  while I awaited approval for
 "Annie". Took nine weeks but I got it! I was ready to hookup the day she
arrived.
Trainer trained me 2 weeks  later!  LOL  I knew most everything but did learn
some things.

Debbie and "Annie"  from Western KY