RE: [IP] Horns of a dilemma: Do I want a Minimed or animus pump?

RoseLea, You are very lucky that your ins pays for 100%.  Mine has a limit
of $2500 for DME (durable medical equipment).  I am begging for them to pay
more!
Devorah age 54 T1 dx'82 pumping since 7/04

I went with the Animas after my H-Tron because I wanted more features.  I
love my IR1200.  I understand that the IR1250 will have even more features,
and I plan to upgrade my 1200 as soon as they have the upgrade plan in
place.  I'm not that familiar with the newer MiniMed pumps, but some of
them are proprietary with infusion sets.  You might want to check into
that.  Animas pumps are able to use any luer lock connected infusion
sets.  Some MiniMeds cannot.   And, Animas is waterproof and yes, you can
leave it on when bathing or showering, I would just be careful of the bath
temperature being too hot and affecting the insulin.  Most pump companies
will give some kind of trade-in allowance on old pumps (Animas told me I
could trade in my old H-Trons, but I didn't need to since my insurance pays
100%).

RoseLea