RE: Antwort: [IP] infusion sets <Virus checked>

I change my infusion set every 4-5 days, when my vial of insuline is at 0
units not before.

Never have a problem.

Gilles

-I stretch the use of my infusion set as long as possible. I would go nuts
if
I changed the infusion set every day or even every other day! WOW!
Devorah age 54 dx '82 pumping since 7/04

Hi Miguel,

there is no best infusion set on the market. Every pumper has to find out
which infusion set works best for him/her. Get samples of infusion sets from
the pump companies to find out which one works best for youThe differences
between the infusion sets are if they have steel needles or teflon canulas.
There exist different canula lengths and different tubing lengths. Some
people
need short canulas/needles because they are slim, some need longer ones. And
then everyone has to find out which tubing length he/she likes best.
There is also a difference at the infusion set connection. Minimed works
with
proprietary connections - that means you can use only their infusion sets.
The
other pump companies (Roche Diagnostics, Animas Corporation and Smiths
Medical) work with luer lock connection - so you have a wider range of
infusion sets to choose from.
The best advice to change an infusion set you get from docs and pump company
representatives as well is to change your infusion set every day or at least
every 2 days.
Hope this helps!
Good luck,
Britta

  miguel jimenez
  <email @ redacted> An: email @ redacted
  Gesendet von: Kopie:
  email @ redacted Thema: [IP] infusion sets <Virus checked>
  umpers.org
  26.01.2005 16:26
  Bitte antworten an IP

hi,

in your opinion, what is the best infusion set
available in the market? are the any difference
between them? any difference in change frequency
(every 48 or 72 hours)? Any suggestion?

thanks to all.

Miguel. 16 years diab., 16 years fighting

The information contained in this communication is confidential, may be
subject to legal privileges, may constitute inside information, and is
intended only for the use of the addressee.  It is the property of Abbott
Laboratories or its relevant affiliate.  Unauthorized use, disclosure or
copying of this communication or any part thereof is strictly prohibited and
may be unlawful.  If you have received this communication in error, please
notify Abbott Laboratories immediately by return e-mail and destroy this
communication and all copies thereof, including all attachments.