From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf Of Don Stevens
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2005 10:00 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] Kidney Again

 I keep my A1C in the 7.0 range, last was 7.5. The main reason is that I'm
less
likely to have bad hypos. I have 'no ' kidney damage! I've also known
diabetics
that fight to keep their A1C's in the 4 --5.0 range, several have had kidney
damage!! It is interesting that no matter what problem you have , kidney,
heart
attack, gall bladder trouble, broken arms, legs, it is always refered to as
;
'diabetic' kidney damage, 'daibetic' heart attack, 'diabetic' gall bladder,
'diabetic' broken bones, etc etc.
 I know of no laboratory procedure, that can tell the difference between,
'kidney damage & diabetic kidney damage. :)
don

Alicia Kost <email @ redacted> wrote:
My dad just found out for sure he has diabetic kidney damage. Any words of
wisdom?
He has 50 percent function. Had no clue until this last checkup. His
doctor is to blame as far as I am concerned. Told my dad is 7.5 A1Cs were
fine.
I am very upset. Anyone with experience please help :(
Alicia (type 1 22 years, no complications, pumping 8 years, last A1C 5.3)