RE: [IP] Horns of a dilemma: Do I want a minimed or animus pump?

Well in my not so humble opinion, Animas and Deltec are both better choices
than
MiniMed.  Ever since Medtronic bought MiniMed, things have really changed
there
and not for the better.  Now that is just my opinion, so make sure to
compare the
features and benefits of each pump.  Then decide which features are most
important
to you and make your decision.

You mention MM and Animas as the choices your HMO will let you purchase, but
you
may not be limited to just those choices.  Even if your insurance is not
contracted
with a company, like Deltec, they may be contracted with a distributor for
that pump
manufacturer.  If they are contracted with the distributor, that means you
can get
that brand of pump.  The pump company can figure this stuff out for you, so
that you
have the freedom to choose which pump is best for you.

My 2 cents,

John