[IP] Re: donated pumps/supplies and taxes

 I too was thinking about the ethics of counting it as a donation when my
insurance company paid 100% of it (although I did pay for % of supplies), but
when I was filling out the information in Turbo tax, one of the questions was
how did you acquire it. Insurance paid for it was not one of the answers but
there was one for gift. If someone gave you something and you donated it, you
would still be able to deduct the value so why not when insurance pays for it
because we (and the companies we work for) pay for our insurance. The pump is
ours, not on loan from the insurance company. I decided (right or wrong, I am
not a tax consultant) to choose "other" for where I aquired my pump.

Laurie