[IP] microalbumin

Hi all,

 I recently got a "score" of 32 on my microalbumin test. Normal, apparently, is
under 20. A repeat test came in at 22. I'm meeting with the endo tomorrow to
discuss the results. I'm pretty devastated- my A1Cs (age 21-30) have always been
in the low to mid sixes. Yikes. My question is: is it best to be followed by a
nephrologist immediately? I am very very nervous- partially because of the
beginning kidney disease, partially because I envision a lot more restrictions
on my life (lower protein, even tighter control; being more serious about blood
pressure; low salt; no heavy excerise blah blah). Has anyone been able to
reverse beginning kidney stuff and if so, how?

Thanks from Ruth, who feels down about her first "complication"