[IP] Kidney Again

My dad just found out for sure he has diabetic kidney damage.  Any words of
wisdom?
He has 50 percent function.  Had no clue until this last checkup.  His
doctor is to blame as far as I am concerned.  Told my dad is 7.5 A1Cs were
fine.
I am very upset.  Anyone with experience please help :(
Alicia (type 1 22 years, no complications, pumping 8 years, last A1C 5.3)