[IP] Type 2 Polyglandular Autoimmune Syndrome

Yesterday there was a post in the diabeticmommy.com forum about the
chances of us diabetic women having children with diabetes.  Someone
posted this link to the ADA web site
(http://www.diabetes.org/genetics.jsp) that says "About 1 in every 7
people with type 1 diabetes has a condition called type 2 polyglandular
autoimmune syndrome.  If you have this syndrome, your child's risk of
getting the syndrome including type 1 diabetes is 1 in 2."  For those of
you who are wondering what the heck type 2 polyglandular autoimmune
syndrome is, follow this link (http://www.emedicine.com/med/topic1868.htm).

This got me a bit worried because I also have hypothyroidism.  However,
another woman in the group who also has type I and hypothyroidism asked
her doctor about this today and he said that having type I and
hypothyroidism alone does not mean that you have type 2 polyglandular
autoimmune syndrome.  Is this true?  Is is really true that 1 in 7 type
I's have type 2 polyglandular autoimmune syndrome???

Thanks for any info!

Rebecca
Type 1 since 4/84
Animas 1200 pumper since 11/04