[IP] travel to cuba with pump

I am travelling to cuba in march and was wondering if anyone has had any
difficulty at customs with their pump. I am planning on taking a letter of
course and getting it translated to spanish. Hopefully it will be alright
but Im a bit concerned as it does look a bit like a beeper or walkie talkie
and I know they are not permitted. Id appreciated any comments.