Re: [IP] Humilin R U-500

At 12:57 PM -0800 1/26/05, Denise Wanless wrote:
>How is this different from the standard U-100 insulin?  Why is it used?

It is 5 times as strong, thus you only need to use 1/5 the volume to
achieve the same result.  For those who are highly insulin resistant
and taking multi-hundreds of units daily it can help with set life.
But it is not the "only" high concentration insulin for implantable
pumps, there is also Aventis U400

George