Re: [IP] Humilin R U-500

> Hello all,
>
> Is there anyone out there that is pumpin Humilin R U-500?  I just
> started using it.  I've been told that it is not FDA approved for use in
>  the pump.  I am a 1:3 on U-100.
>
> John

Whether or not it is "approved" for use in a pump only affects whether
or not E.Lilly can market it for that use. A doctor may prescribe it
for any medical purpose for which he thinks it appropriate.

To answer your question... yes, there are pumpers using U-500. Not only
is it used in ordinary pumps, but I'm pretty sure that it is the only
insulin used in implanted pumps.

Michael